Cosmetic & General Dentist, Certified in Laser Pocket Disinfection
Dr. Ahmed is a graduate of New York University School of Dentistry. She is a proud member of the Academy of General Dentistry. She has over 25 years of experience. She specializes in cosmetic and restorative procedures that give patients a healthy and beautiful smile. She specializes in laser pocket disinfection.
LASER POCKET DISINFECTION KILLS BACTERIA IN YOUR GUMS
It is a laser dental cleaning that can kill millions of harmful bacteria living in the pockets between your teeth and gums. It takes only 10 to 15 minutes and is painless. If you’ve ever been diagnosed with gingivitis or more advanced periodontitis, LPD can be an essential addition to periodic dental cleanings.
Laser Pocket Disinfection treatment is painless. During your cleaning visit, Dr. Ahmed uses a dental laser beam that passes through healthy tissue while targeting and destroying millions of bacteria and related toxins. These bacteria, living in periodontal pockets between teeth and gums, are the cause of inflammation and gum disease. This laser procedure is noninvasive and faster than other methods. Better still, there is no healing nor downtime afterward.
Effective LPD is possible thanks to the PerioLase MVP-7 dental laser, which was developed by dental professionals for specific treatments related to gum disease. It has received FDA clearance for its ability to regenerate tissue and bone in cases of more advanced periodontitis. In those cases, bacteria in the pockets between teeth and gums has caused the gums to separate from teeth. The PerioLase MVP-7 can clear bacteria and stimulate the body’s healing processes to reattach gums to teeth in a process that save teeth that otherwise might be lost. All of the laser treatments are less invasive and more comfortable than other methods — and faster.
The LANAP® protocol uses the specific wavelength PerioLase® MVP-7™ dental laser to vaporize bacteria deep within the pockets of the gums while leaving healthy tissue intact. Patients undergoing this type of treatment enjoy fast healing times and more predictable results. Take care of your oral and total health today.
Over 50% of American adults have gum disease – an infection below the gum line. Gum disease is linked to several health problems – from heart disease, stroke, diabetes and pre-term babies – but only a small percentage of these adults get the treatment they need. Traditional gum disease treatment options involve cutting the gum tissue or extracting the teeth.
LANAP PROTOCOL During this laser based surgery, your dentist inserts a fiber into the pocket between the gum and tooth. The laser energy kills the bacteria, targeting the source of the inflammation without hurting or removing healthy tissue. The biting surface of your teeth is adjusted to keep from hitting each other with too much force.
Pros: Patients report less pain and discomfort post surgery, with less recession of the gums. The LANAP protocol has been FDA cleared to regenerate new bone, new ligament and new cementum – replacing the oral tissues lost to advanced gum disease.
· Faster Healing – LANAP® treatment is minimally invasive and allows the body to recover and heal more quickly.
· Less Discomfort – Patients report less discomfort during and after surgery.
· No Cut, No Sew, No Fear – the LANAP protocol uses laser light energy to eliminate the bacteria that cause gum disease, and help your mouth recover faster
· Minimal Recovery Time – Most patients can immediately return to their daily routine.
· Little to No Gum Recession – Because the procedure doesn’t require cutting the gums, there is less risk of recession and your beautiful smile is maintained.
· Reduction in Gum Inflammation and Bleeding – The PerioLase® MVP-7™ targets inflammatory bacteria without injuring healthy tissue.
· Saves Teeth – Patients can keep their natural teeth sometimes even when the teeth have been deemed ‘hopeless’ with traditional treatments. Keeping your natural teeth has been linked to a longer lifespan!
· Safe for patients with Health Concerns –LANAP® protocol is safe for patients with health concerns such as diabetes, HIV, hemophilia, or those taking medications such as Plavix or aspirin.
Beyond the Mouth – Gum disease has been linked to several diseases including heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and pre-term birth. In addition, there seems to be a connection between gum disease and breast disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and Alzheimer’s. The LANAP protocol is the only laser periodontitis treatment protocol that is cleared by the U.S. FDA and is clinically and histologically proven to regenerate new gum tissue, ligament, and bone.